This session, several state lawmakers have championed bills to create partnership or state banks similar to the 92-year-old Bank of North Dakota (BND), and others are looking to form commissions to study the impact these banks could have on their state's economy. This webinar focuses on legislative strategy, successes and lessons learned this past session, with a look ahead to campaigns for state banks in 2012.
We were privileged to be joined by:
- North Dakota Senator Tim Mathern
- Jason Judd, consultant to DEMOS
- Sam Munger, Managing Director, Center for State Innovation
- Barbara Dudley, Co-Chair, Oregon Working Families Party
- Jared Gardner, Co-Director, Oregonians for a State Bank