- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Paid Sick Days Policy Conference Call
11/19/2009 - 4:00pm
On Thursday, November 19th, at 4:00pm EST, Progressive States Network held a national conference call with state legislators, advocate leaders, and researchers on how to build policy campaigns supporting paid sick days in your state.
- Georgia Sen. Nan Orrock, who will discuss how PSN's network of legislators will be involved in the campaigns around the country;
- Ellen Bravo of Family Values at Work, who will talk about the importance of paid sick days and state organizations working on the issue around the country;
- Lexer Quamie of CLASP on making the case to businesses on the need for paid sick days policy;
- Steffany Stern of the National Partnership for Women & Families, to discuss the details of drafting paid sick days policy for a state;
- Sarah Standiford, Executive Director of the Maine Women’s Lobby ;
- Nathan Newman, PSN's Executive Director, who will offer an introduction on why Paid Sick Days is part of the organization's multi-state shared agenda.