- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Progressive Strategies for Implementing the Recovery Plan
02/26/2009 - 4:00pm
On Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 4:00pm EST Progressive States Network brought together progressive state legislators and policy experts from across the country to answer questions and share practical strategies for obtaining federal stimulus funds and using them to shore up budget gaps, restore ailing economies, and effect lasting progressive change.
Built into the landmark American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is a recognition that while the federal government can assist in funding America's economic recovery, most of the implementation of the plan will happen in the states.
Progressive States Network has assembled a collection of facts, guidance and resources for state leaders and advocates on how to implement the recovery plan in a strategic manner that strengthens our states and honors our progressive values; they can be found at http://www.progressivestates.org/stimulus.
- Maurice Emsellem, Policy Co-Director, National Employment Law Project (NELP)
- Joel Packer, Director of Education Policy and Practice
- Nick Johnson, Director of the State Fiscal Project, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP)
- Phineas Baxandall, Federal Tax & Budget Policy Analyst, U.S. PIRG
- Jenny Sullivan, Senior Health Policy Analyst, Families USA
- Kate Gordon, Co-Director, Apollo Alliance
- Nathan Newman, Interim Executive Director, Progressive States Network