- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Election 2006: Great News for Progressives
Matt Singer on November 8, 2006 - 3:32pm
Tomorrow's Stateside Dispatch will take a closer look at election results, but it seems only right to provide a snapshot.
- Voters rejected rightwing positions on taxes and spending as TABORs and tax cut initiatives were defeated in six states.
- Six states will see minimum wages rise following voter approval.
- Democrats made major statehouse gains, picking up 275 legislative seats and 8 legislative chambers (pending some recounts).
- Democrats also picked up six Governor seats, including important races in Colorado, New York, and Ohio.
- The progressive Secretary of State Project realized victories in Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico.